The AIAS is an independent, 501c3 non-profit and student-run organization that is more than just a club. This grassroots association is a cooperative between thousands of students in North America (of all ages and academic degrees) committed to helping each other. It provides a sense of community and a forum to share differing views. The AIAS is also a professional organization that is the official voice of architecture students.
The American Institute of Architecture Students Chapter at Roger Williams University is devoted to being the voice of our architecture students.
Our mission is to enhance the culture of the SAAHP through programming that supports our values and furthers our initiatives. We act as the official voice and advocate for the architecture student body, supporting development for the student, school, profession, and greater community.
- Education: Promote the advancement of educational opportunities and outcomes for SAAHP architecture students, through advocating for a balanced and appropriate pedagogy, mutual influence, mentorship, and collegiality.
- Advocacy: Advocate for a positive studio culture by supporting education and mentoring by peers, creating opportunities for discourse, and working to remove cross year boundaries. In addition, advocacy for the profession of architecture by supporting the national organizations endeavors.
- Service: Provide service to the local neighborhoods by mobilizing the student body to use their inherent talents and learned skills to assist underserved populations.
- Community Development: Assist in creating and sustaining a supportive, positive, healthy, and friendly SAAHP community.
- Freedom By Design
- Freshman Mentor Program
- National Design Charrette